Schizophrenia is a persistent long-term brain disorder that causes severe, debilitating psychotic episodes. Its core symptoms, auditory or visual hallucinations, are often accompanied by fixed, false, and often paranoid beliefs, called delusions. These two features are often combined with learning and cognitive deficits. WHO experts have estimated that roughly 24 million people are affected by schizophrenia worldwide. While the arrival of atypical antipsychotics has greatly expanded pharmacologic treatment options over the past two decades, the current drug market does not treat the negative and cognitive symptoms that are associated with the disease.
GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of long-acting injectable (LAI) antipsychotics, along with the arrival of novel treatments that achieve higher efficacy in negative- and cognitive-predominant patients, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific treatment recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future mental health services in the 7MM.
View Full Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/invega-schizophrenia-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022
Invega (paliperidone; Janssen) is the 9-hydroxy metabolite of risperidone and thus shares a similar pharmacologic profile with Risperdal. Invega is a D2 and 5-HT2A antagonist, and though it lacks activity on M1 and M3 muscarinic receptors, it also blocks a1 and a2 adrenergic, and H1 histaminergic receptors.
– Overview of Schizophrenia, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on Invega including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for Invega for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
– Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Schizophrenia
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Invega performance
– Obtain sales forecast for Invega from 2012-2022 in the top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information visit: Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.esorics2010.org/