Schizophrenia is a persistent long-term brain disorder that causes severe, debilitating psychotic episodes. Its core symptoms, auditory or visual hallucinations, are often accompanied by fixed, false, and often paranoid beliefs, called delusions. These two features are often combined with learning and cognitive deficits. WHO experts have estimated that roughly 24 million people are affected by schizophrenia worldwide.
While the arrival of atypical antipsychotics has greatly expanded pharmacologic treatment options over the past two decades, the current drug market does not treat the negative and cognitive symptoms that are associated with the disease. GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of long-acting injectable (LAI) antipsychotics, along with the arrival of novel treatments that achieve higher efficacy in negative- and cognitive-predominant patients, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific treatment recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future mental health services in the 7MM.
Read Complete Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/zyprexa-schizophrenia-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022
Olanzapine (Zyprexa; Eli Lilly) is a second-generation antipsychotic that also acts as an antagonist at D2/D3 receptors. But unlike most agents in its class, Zyprexa has a higher relative affinity for serotonin 5-HT2A receptors in comparison to D2/D3 dopaminergic binding sites, a feature that it shares only with clozapine and quetiapine. However, Zyprexa’s activity on M1 and M3 muscarinic and H1 histaminergic receptor sites imply an association with metabolic dysregulation and Zyprexa’s industry reputation has led to tolerability and safety concerns.
– Overview of Schizophrenia, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on Zyprexa including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for Zyprexa for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
– Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Schizophrenia
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Zyprexa performance
– Obtain sales forecast for Zyprexa from 2012-2022 in the top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information visit: Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.esorics2010.org/