Schizophrenia is a persistent long-term brain disorder that causes severe, debilitating psychotic episodes. Its core symptoms, auditory or visual hallucinations, are often accompanied by fixed, false, and often paranoid beliefs, called delusions. These two features are often combined with learning and cognitive deficits. WHO experts have estimated that roughly 24 million people are affected by schizophrenia worldwide.
While the arrival of atypical antipsychotics has greatly expanded pharmacologic treatment options over the past two decades, the current drug market does not treat the negative and cognitive symptoms that are associated with the disease.
View Full Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/evp-6124-schizophrenia-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022
GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of long-acting injectable (LAI) antipsychotics, along with the arrival of novel treatments that achieve higher efficacy in negative- and cognitive-predominant patients, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific treatment recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future mental health services in the 7MM.
EVP-6124 is a small-molecule a7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) agonist in co-development by EnVivo and Mitsubishi Tanabe. a7 nAChR stimulation is being researched as a therapy for several neurological conditions, including larger indications such as Alzheimer’s disease and nicotine dependence, following the observation that the target may modulate neuroinflammatory pathways in the brain (Tracey, 2007).
Also known as 3-(1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl) pyridine, EVP-6124 is an oral medication that penetrates the CNS easily due to its strong lipophilicity. It acts as a co-agonist and sensitizes the ACh receptors so that lesser amounts of ACh can preserve normal cognitive functioning. EVP-6124 is a7-selective and does not activate the a42 subunit, meaning it is non-addictive.
– Overview of Schizophrenia, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on EVP-6124 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for EVP-6124 for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
– Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Schizophrenia
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of EVP-6124 performance
– Obtain sales forecast for EVP-6124 from 2012-2022 in the top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information visit: Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.esorics2010.org/