GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 – CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth”. The value of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market is expected to increase significantly in value over the forecast period across the leading eight developed nations, from $695.6 million in 2012 to almost $4.5 billion in 2019.
This equates to a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.4%. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period.
Browse Full Report With TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/cystic-fibrosis-therapeutics-in-major-developed-markets-to-2019-cftr-modulators-initiate-drive-towards-personalized-treatment-and-market-growth
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market.
This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
The pricing of CFTR modulators will be premium due to the clinical benefits and disease-modifying effects that they represent. Symptomatic therapies will be used in conjunction with CFTR modulators, and will still be a necessary part of the CF treatment plan. The antibiotics segment in particular is expected to become overcrowded and competitive over the forecast period, due to cheap, generic tobramycin products and novel market entrants competing for market share.
The report assesses the current CF market, and predicts market trends to 2019, analyzing key drivers and barriers. The areas covered include –
– A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
– An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
– A detailed analysis of the CF pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by phase, molecule type and mechanism of action. The CF clinical trial landscape is then analyzed, with a particular emphasis on failure rates across different trial phases as well as the trends in clinical trial size and duration. This section also includes profiles and single product forecasts for the most promising pipeline drugs.
– An epidemiological forecast of the major CF markets. The projected values include total and treated populations.
– An in-depth forecasting model for the CF market, which considers the current marketed therapies, in addition to the potential entry of new products into the market. The model consists of a projected outcome, with high and low variance results, depending on the potential performance of pipeline therapies.
– Analysis of strategic consolidations within the CF indication, including co-development and licensing agreements.
– An overview of the drivers and barriers for the CF market is also included.
Reasons to buy
The report enables clients to develop a strong understanding of CF as a disease and a market. The current therapeutic needs and future market trends contained in this report will highlight market opportunities and the Scope of competition between CF therapeutics. Primarily, the report will allow clients to –
– Understand the CF pipeline and the clinical needs it is addressing. In particular, the importance and benefits of CFTR modulators are highlighted and compared with symptomatic treatments.
– Develop their knowledge of key products that may enter the market before 2019. Detailed profiles of these products are provided, with a focus on their clinical trial performance, as well as how they can be incorporated into the CF treatment plan and what competition they face.
– Assess the risk associated with CF clinical trials compared with both industry and therapy area averages. In addition, in order to understand the trends in both trial size and duration according to mechanism of action or molecule type.
– Identify patterns of growth in the CF market over the forecast period and understand the underlying causes, as well as observing the contributions made by each major market to this growth.
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information visit: Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.esorics2010.org/