The growing proliferation of embedded in-vehicle connectivity and smartphone integration platforms has made connected cars one of the fastest growing segments of the IoT (Internet of Things) market. Keen to establish recurring post-sale service revenue streams, all major automotive OEMs are investing in connected car programs.
Other ecosystem players, such as mobile operators and telematics specialists, are also vying to gain a larger share of the opportunity. In fact, many mobile operators have expanded beyond their traditional role as connectivity providers, to offer end-to-end connected car platforms directly to automotive OEMs and aftermarket suppliers.
By 2020, SNS Research estimates that connected car services will account for nearly $40 Billion in annual revenue, driven by a host of applications, including but not limited to infotainment, navigation, fleet management, remote diagnostics, automatic crash notification, enhanced safety, UBI (Usage Based Insurance), traffic management and even autonomous driving.
Read Complete Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/the-connected-car-ecosystem-2015-2030-opportunities-challenges-strategies-and-forecasts
The “Connected Car Ecosystem: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the connected car ecosystem including OEM connected car programs, enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, key applications, collaborative initiatives, regulatory landscape, standardization, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies.
The report also presents market size forecasts for connected car services from 2015 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 3 connectivity models, 5 application categories, 5 regions and 17 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation
Connected car installed base and service revenue forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
– Communications & Infotainment
– Navigation & Location Services
– Vehicle Management
– Safety & Security
– Driver Assistance & Autonomous Driving
The report has the following key findings:
– By 2020, SNS Research estimates that connected car services will account for nearly $40 Billion in annual revenue, driven by a host of applications
– The proportion of connected car service revenue for driver assistance systems and autonomous driving applications is expected to dramatically increase from merely 5 percent in 2014 to over 11 percent by 2020
– Largely driven by connected car services, Big Data and analytics technology investments in the automotive sector are expected to reach $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of over 14% between 2015 and 2020
– The connected car ecosystem continues to consolidate, with larger players investing in acquisitions to increase their market share, capability, revenue and geographic reach
– Many mobile operators have expanded beyond their traditional role as connectivity providers, to offer end-to-end connected car platforms directly to automotive OEMs and aftermarket suppliers
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information visit: Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://sagarkadam.kinja.com/